Notifications
Clear all

Self-hosted cloud servers for backing up data

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@jasonb)

I am curious to see who has one of these set up to protect their files, pictures, etc. on their PC in the event of a failure. 

I am looking into options for backing things up but I do not want to rely on services like Google to do this. I want it to be hosted on my own network because privacy is a huge thing for me. I don't want my files and data just floating around where they can be accessed by people be it in a company or not.

Who here does self-hosted cloud servers for backing up their data? What do you use? Let's discuss! 

2 Replies
(@xfininitystar)

I would advise you to use Nexcloud. Nextcloud is an open-source, self-hosted file sync and share server. It offers features like file storage, calendar, contacts, and more. You can install it on your own server and access your files from anywhere. You also have access to tons of apps that can be added. Best part is they are all free. I set one up for myself a few years ago. It is very easy to do!

(@sonzy)

I agree about Nextcloud. It is honestly the best option there is and I have tried several. I even tried paid options and they just don't function as good. I back up all my files to my cloud server and because it is hosted on my own network, I know I don't have to worry about it being stolen or lost.